Check Cable 99 Schedule Below and to the Right

Monday, February 2, 2009

A Voice from the Past

We've had our first alum write in to share their memories of being at the station. John Spotts, of Downers Grove, writes:

"In the fall of 1977 I was tapped to broadcast most of the DGN home football games even though I wasn't really good at play by play. In fact, I was terrible. As the season commenced the weather got worse and worse for every home game (it rained for almost every one of them).

My color man Roger Paulsen always remarked how fortunate we were to be in the nice enclosed fairly warm press box....and we never would let Mr. Moore into the press box!

And to all my comrades during those times in the portable classroom/studio.....Don D'Agostino, Brian Reid, Dave Price, Mel Loving, Timmo Cauley, et al. we had a blast! Who jams galore.

I went on to get a degree from SIU with an RT major and graduated from WDGC to WIDB at SIU, joining Timmo and Don there. I've been in the insurance biz since then.

Happy 40th WDGC!"


For writing in, John will receive a WDGC 40th Anniversary t-shirt. We've still got 9 shirts to give away, so email your memories to jwaite@csd99.org. See the previous blog post for more details.